Saturday 26 January 2013

Fad Diet Review: The Cabbage Soup Diet part 2 & The Hollywood Diet

I intended to post this straight after I finished the diet but I have had the most stressful week house hunting but here it is.
:)

Sorry for the delay!



So I have finally reached the end of my 7 day Cabbage Soup Diet!!!

Ok, it's confession time ... 
I cheated a little bit. 

Well it wasn't cheating - why as a society do we attach such a negative word to eating or drinking something we want?
I ate the soup everyday and I followed the daily plan but I did drink alcohol. 

I had three glasses of white rum and a glass of vodka. 

BUT even with this little 'cheat' I still lost 6 pounds by the end of the week.

I found it really hard to be motivated to carry on with the Diet but I think a really important thing I learnt from my little 'cheat' night is that even if you have one bad day/evening whilst trying to be healthy you shouldn't give in and eat/drink rubbish all the time.

It's OK to eat food you want.
McDonalds or a pizza isn't bad for you if it's eaten in moderation.

I hope that when I finish trying out these fad diets I will be able to keep up a healthy life style. This diet really opened my eyes to healthy meals as I am a self confessed junk food addict!

After eating normally for a few days I have put 4 pounds back on and many critics suggest this is because the weight lost is water.
I would suggest that this diet is useful if you have a special event coming up and you want to shift those last few pounds but if you want long term results you should always opt for a healthy lifestyle and slower weight loss.
But I guess if it was a long term weight loss plan then it wouldn't come under the fad diets umbrella.



The next diet I'm going to try is the Hollywood diet.

I'm going to make the juice myself although you can buy it on Amazon.com for about £20.
The diet should only last 48 hours and consists of drinking the juice throughout the day and a lot of water.

The site I am using claims you can lose 8 pounds within the 2 days.

I personally think it will be hard not to eat for two days but I also think because it is only a two day diet it is easier to feel motivated and I'll be less likely to give up!



Recipe
♥ 1 cup low-fat vanilla soy milk
♥ 1 cup orange juice
♥ 1 cup cranberry juice
♥ 1 cup yoghurt (plain)
♥ 1/4 tsp. wheat-germ oil or 2 tbsp. wheat germ
♥ 1/4 tsp. flaxseed oil

Blend all ingredients together, then divide into two portions (each portion is a full day's diet drink). Sip throughout the day, along with plenty of water.

I promise I will review this one as I go along!
I will start on Monday.

Charley x


No comments:

Post a Comment