Friday 11 January 2013

Christmas treats

Sooo I know its a bit later but here are some of the treats I got for Christmas

I spent Christmas and New Year in Melbourne, Australia visiting my older brother and TBH that was the best present I could have asked for!

I am completely obsessed with Penguins so my brother took me to Phillip Island to see the Penguin Parade (I was half expecting Penguins in fancy hats holding trumpets but it wasn't that sort of parade!) 

When the sun went down the Fairy Penguins (really, that's what they're called) leave the sea and walk up the beach right past your feet and to their nests. We were lucky enough to see lots of chicks! 


'IT'S SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE!'

Okay so I'm going to start with my favourite item. 
I want to start by saying I'm very lucky and blessed and I am eternally thankful for everything in my life. 

I think it's a really good idea to have some more expensive pieces in your wardrobe, signature pieces, because they can be worn with cheaper pieces of clothing and immediately make and outfit look well put together.

I received this gorgeous pink Louis Vuitton silk scarf from my Parents. My Mum purchased in from Geneva and I can't find the exact scarf online but there are similar ones on the Louis Vuitton website. 





I also received this years Soap and Glory tub. I love Soap and Glory and the fact they bring out a different tub every Christmas is brilliant!

I have dry legs and the Sugar Crush is brilliant for exfoliating the dry skin and I then use the Smoothie Star Body Milk (it smells like popcorn ... mmmmmm popcorn) or The Righteous Butter. Both are brilliant moisturisers and my skin just soaks it all up and they leave me smelling wonderful - if I may say so myself. 

Another favourite piece of mine is the Sexy Mother Pucker lipgloss. It gives the effect of fuller lips and they now have it in a few different colours. Again it smells lovely!

You can buy Soap and Glory sets from Boots, they have so many different gift boxes from miniatures up to the christmas tubs and also sell the items individually. There is something to suit every budget.






Like any girl I love my heels but there is nothing like a good pair of converse and I am in love with my new beauties!

They were 69 Aussie Dollars which is about £46 and again I can't find them online but I have seen them in England. They come out at christmas so I assume they'll be back next December.

Another Aussie purchase was this beautiful Rip Curl bikini. I love the different colours. I normally play safe with bikinis and buy black/ pink strapless ones so I thought I'd venture out of my comfort zone. Although there is not a lot of coverage from the top so I'll have to make an extra special effort to put lots of sun cream on. 





Finally my purchase from the airport. 

I have always wanted to try a Mac foundation, from what I've seen it gives brilliant coverage. I had previously gone to buy some when in London but the woman serving me wasn't very friendly and I was put off spending my money there so I was delighted when an amazingly helpful woman assisted me in Melbourne airport. 

 I ended up buying the Studio Fix Powder. It is a powder and foundation in one and gives brilliant coverage. I wear it by its self but it also work well over liquid foundations. 

I went for the NC40 which works well with my tan now but will still work with my skin when it begins to fade. I would definitely recommend investing in some!





I hope you've enjoyed this post. 

Love Charley x

Follow me on Twitter & Instagram: @charleytunni

No comments:

Post a Comment