Saturday, 26 January 2013

Fad Diet Review: The Cabbage Soup Diet part 2 & The Hollywood Diet

I intended to post this straight after I finished the diet but I have had the most stressful week house hunting but here it is.
:)

Sorry for the delay!

♥

So I have finally reached the end of my 7 day Cabbage Soup Diet!!!

Ok, it's confession time ... 
I cheated a little bit. 

Well it wasn't cheating - why as a society do we attach such a negative word to eating or drinking something we want?
I ate the soup everyday and I followed the daily plan but I did drink alcohol. 

I had three glasses of white rum and a glass of vodka. 

BUT even with this little 'cheat' I still lost 6 pounds by the end of the week.

I found it really hard to be motivated to carry on with the Diet but I think a really important thing I learnt from my little 'cheat' night is that even if you have one bad day/evening whilst trying to be healthy you shouldn't give in and eat/drink rubbish all the time.

It's OK to eat food you want.
McDonalds or a pizza isn't bad for you if it's eaten in moderation.

I hope that when I finish trying out these fad diets I will be able to keep up a healthy life style. This diet really opened my eyes to healthy meals as I am a self confessed junk food addict!

After eating normally for a few days I have put 4 pounds back on and many critics suggest this is because the weight lost is water.
I would suggest that this diet is useful if you have a special event coming up and you want to shift those last few pounds but if you want long term results you should always opt for a healthy lifestyle and slower weight loss.
But I guess if it was a long term weight loss plan then it wouldn't come under the fad diets umbrella.

♥

The next diet I'm going to try is the Hollywood diet.

I'm going to make the juice myself although you can buy it on Amazon.com for about £20.
The diet should only last 48 hours and consists of drinking the juice throughout the day and a lot of water.

The site I am using claims you can lose 8 pounds within the 2 days.

I personally think it will be hard not to eat for two days but I also think because it is only a two day diet it is easier to feel motivated and I'll be less likely to give up!

♥

Recipe
♥ 1 cup low-fat vanilla soy milk
♥ 1 cup orange juice
♥ 1 cup cranberry juice
♥ 1 cup yoghurt (plain)
♥ 1/4 tsp. wheat-germ oil or 2 tbsp. wheat germ
♥ 1/4 tsp. flaxseed oil

Blend all ingredients together, then divide into two portions (each portion is a full day's diet drink). Sip throughout the day, along with plenty of water.

I promise I will review this one as I go along!
I will start on Monday.

Charley x


No comments:

Post a Comment